Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Our Sweet Jalidia Burton 11/13/94 - 3/13/10

Posted and written by Jessica
My beautiful little sister, Jalidia passed away unexpectedly on March 13th, 2010, she never woke up that morning. Jalidia was only 15 years old. The past two weeks have been so terribly difficult, I miss her and want so badly to just hold her in my arms and tell her how deeply I love her, and how grateful I am that Heavenly Father made us sisters, I know she knows how I feel but I wish I could tell her again.

Jalidia was born September 13, 1994 in the country side around Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. She was abandoned as a small child, and was taken care of by various neighbors until she entered an orphanage in Addis Ababa at nine years of age. Jalidia was 11 years old when members of my family first met her in the orphanage, and fell in love with her, and knew she was meant to be in our family. My family immediately put all of their energy into efforts to adopt her, and brought her home just before her 13th birthday.

Most of us who were blessed to know Jalidia knew little of the pain and the heartache she experienced as a young child alone in the world in Ethiopia.  She experienced so much pain in her short life that it's hard for most of us to even imagine, or comprehend. But what I will always remember of my sweet little sister is her beautiful smile and happy eyes, she could light up a room with that smile, and I will always miss it, and her cute little giggle and sense of humor.  She was kind and loving to all those around her, and would reach out those around her who needed extra love.

Words are inadequate to express my deep love and admiration for my little sister. All I can say is, I love you Jalidia, I miss you Jalidia, and I look forward to the day that we will be together again.

God be with you until we meet again Sweet Sister, I love you from the bottom of my heart.


This picture was taken last summer, the last time we were all together as a family.
How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who gave his Son, Jesus Christ so that we can all live again.
I know that I will see Jalidia again one day, and my family will be together again,
whole and complete,
 FOREVER.
I  Love you Jalidia.
Loved you yesterday, Love you still, Always have,
Always will!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I saw your post of fb Melody. What a loving tribute to a wonderful young woman! So sorry for your loss! The knowledge of the Gospel is priceless! Miss you! ~Kelly

Daniel and Monica Long said...

Jessica did a beautiful job. What a cute, sweet girl! Thank you for all the pictures. I love your family so much. It's cliche, but words can't express to you my heart felt sorrow for your loss. The gospel is so full of hope and I'm so thankful for that knowledge!

The Burtons said...

I LOVE AND MISS YOU SO MUCH TODAY MY SWEET PRECIOUS JALIDIA...I WANT TO HUG YOU SO MUCH!!!